Have you been told that you’ve got great leadership skills? Do you want to inspire others to make a difference around the world? If so, you may be Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC)’s first ever volunteer youth ambassador! But, the only way to find out is to take part in our #TheRightStuffContest.
About the contest...
Step 1: Create
We are encouraging youth from the Toronto Area to submit a 30-second video, showcasing why they have the right stuff to be a CCFC youth ambassador. All participants are to be from a school in the GTA, and all videos must be 30-seconds or less and received before June 30th at 11:59pm ET to be eligible for the contest.
- Follow CCFC’s Facebook page at facebook.com/CCFC.
- Tell us your story! Why do you think you’ve got what it takes to be a youth ambassador for CCFC? Be as creative as you can!
- Upload your 30-second submission video to YouTube.com with the privacy set to “unlisted.”
- Submit your video by June 30th at 11:59pm ET.
Step 2: Promote
So you’ve submitted your video for #TheRightStuffContest… now what? In early July, CCFC will post all of the eligible videos to facebook.com/CCFC. At that time, it’s your job to share, share share!
Invite your friends, family, classmates and neighbours to like your video and share it with their networks. The videos that receive the most Facebook “reactions” will move forward in the contest.
- Keep watch for your video at facebook.com/CCFC
- Once it’s been posted, be sure to share it with your Facebook networks. Write a compelling message to get your friends and family to watch your video and share on their Facebook wall.
- Be sure to cross-promote on other social media accounts, but only the reactions to the video posted by CCFC will count.
- You will have until July 31st, 2017 at 11:59pm ET to get as many reactions as you can. Any reactions received after this time will not count.
Step 3: Represent
In early August, the contest participants who received the most reactions on their video will move to the next round of #TheRightStuffContest. To be a successful ambassador, you need to have some influence with your peers. That’s why (if you’ve been selected to move forward), you’ll be competing to raise money to help children and families living in Thiruppair, India.
The individuals who raise the most money will have a shot at winning #TheRightStuffContest, becoming CCFC’s first youth ambassador, and joining FOX Sports’ Rachel Bonnetta in Thiruppair, India to see your hard work in action. Learn more about the issues facing this community.
- If you’re selected to move on to the second round of the contest, you will be notified by email in early August.
- You’ll receive a fundraising package to help you come up with good ideas for collecting donations.
- Those who have raised the most donations for Thiruppair, India by September 30th, 2017 will be considered for the final prize by CCFC’s Canadian and International staff.
- CCFC will announce #TheRightStuffContest winner at facebook.com/CCFC in early October.
- Contest winner will join the CCFC team as volunteer Youth Ambassador and will join FOX Sports’ Rachel Bonnetta in Thiruppair, India in December 2017.
Do you (or your parents) have any questions?
- Becoming a volunteer ambassador for CCFC is a big deal, and you should talk it through with your family. Traveling to new places can be scary, so make sure everyone is informed! We’ll be holding a parent/guardian session in late June to help answer any questions or concerns that may be out there.
- Be sure to stay engaged in the group at TheRightStuffContest.ca to learn more about the contest and about extra events and giveaways throughout the contest period. We will also be posting videos, photos, tips and more!
- Tune into our Facebook LIVE show, Rise and Shine, on the second-last Tuesday of each month at 10:30 am ET to get inside information about our work and some additional tips about #TheRightStuffContest. Watch at Facebook.com/CCFC.
- Check out our current volunteer ambassadors: ccfcanada.ca/about-us/ambassadors
- If you have any outstanding questions about the contest, please email TheRightStuffContest@ccfcanada.ca, call us at 1-800-263-5437, or message us on social media.